March 31, 2017
Writer: Brett Crandall
Seven concerts by the Collegiate Singers from Brigham Young University-Idaho will be performed in mid-April in Salt Lake City, Utah; Blackfoot, Idaho; and Rock Springs, Casper, Cheyenne, Evanston, and Afton, Wyoming.
The concerts are free and open to the community. Tickets are not required and admission will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
Performance locations include:
- Saturday, April 8: Assembly Hall at Temple Square in Salt Lake City, 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, April 9: Fireside at Rock Springs LDS church, 3315 White Mountain Blvd., 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 11: Wheeler Concert Hall at Casper College, 7:00 p.m.* Wednesday, April 12: Cheyenne East High School Auditorium, 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, April 13: Evanston High School Auditorium, 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, April 14: Star Valley High School Auditorium in Afton, 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, April 15: Blackfoot Performing Arts Center in Blackfoot, 7:00 p.m.
Under the direction of Randall Kempton, the group aims to provide a wholesome and heartfelt performance of vocal music that entertains and inspires families and individuals of all ages.
Comprised of 42 of the university's finest vocalists, the Collegiate Singers will perform a program entitled "Sounds of Easter."
"Because the tour is the week before Easter, this year's concert will feature music appropriate for this special season when we remember the life and mission of the Savior," Kempton said.
The group has appeared with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir on its weekly broadcast of "Music and the Spoken Word."